Jun 21, 2016 by admin Category: News 0 comments

Sacramento Kings Golden 1 Center Stadium Goes Solar

The Sacramento Kings New Golden 1 Arena will be the most efficient stadium ever. running nearly 100% of it electricity from solar.

As the NBA season comes to a close one team’s new stadium is will be number one very  different category.

The Sacramento Kings new Golden 1 Center will be the most energy efficient stadium in the United States. This Arena will have a capacity of 19,000 and every year will be reducing CO2 emissions by 2000 metic tons a year.

One official says “[it’s] equal to taking about 400 cars off the road”

85% of the 11-mega-wats of power will come from a solar farm, just out side of the city of Sacramento about 20 miles way. The other 15% of the power will come from rooftop solar. The arena will use about the same amount of electricity of 4000 homes.

Jim Woodruff said “This is really a win-win-win for the sustainability goals of the Kings, we’re able to serve SMUD, and enable to help them with their customers’ needs,”

We Have Much to Tell You. Subscribe to Our News!